Isaacson & Raymond is the product of the merger of two of Lewiston's oldest and most respected law offices, Isaacson, Hark & Epstein and Marshall & Raymond and one of Rumford's oldest and most respected firms, Whiting & Kendall.
Harris M. Isaacson, the founder of Isaacson, Hark & Epstein commenced his practice in 1922; John G. Marshall, who founded the Firm bearing his name, began his practice in 1930. Both men were highly respected general practitioners, sophisticated "country lawyers", with strong local orientation, active in community affairs and public service. Both died in the early 1980's. Whiting & Kendall was the outgrowth of a law practice opened in Rumford by Theodore Gonya who was joined shortly before his death in 1959 by Richard Whiting, with James Kendall entering the practice in 1968.
The founding partners of the present firm are Philip Isaacson and Laurier Raymond, Jr, Philip passed away in June of 2013. All of the firm’s shareholders are residents of these communities. The firm has grown to seven attorneys and over a dozen support staff. The firm is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbellthe principal organization that evaluates law firms nationally. That rating is the highest that Martindale-Hubbell awards.