||A native of Lewiston and shareholder of the firm since 1989. Mr. Bissonnette’s practice includes real estate (acquisition and leasing), commercial, corporate and business law, wills and estate planning. He has extensive experience in handling like kind exchanges under Internal Revenue Code Section 1031.
He frequently teaches at real estate seminars for lawyers and others sponsored by the Maine State Bar Association and the National Business Institute. In 2012 he was elected a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. Admission to the College is by invitation only to those lawyers who have established expertise in real estate law, who observe high standards of professional and ethical conduct and who have contributed substantially to improvement of real estate law.
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rated Mr. Bissonnette "AV Preeminent" the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
• Member of the Real Estate Section and Title Standards Subcommittee of the Maine State Bar Association, serving as Vice Chair (1999-2000), Chair of the Subcommittee (2001-2002), and Chair of the Section (2003-2004)
• Director and chairperson of Maine Family Federal Credit Union
• Member of the Holy Family Church Choir
• Member Regional Image Committee of the Androscoggin County Chamber of Commerce
• Member American College of Real Estate Lawyers
• Former director of the Franco-American Heritage Center, where he remains active serving as corporate counsel on a pro bono basis
• Former director and annual campaign chair of the United Way of Androscoggin County
• Former member and co-chair of the Citizens’ Commission on Lewiston-Auburn Cooperation
• Former member of the school boards of St. Dominic Regional High School and of Holy Cross School