Ronald L. Bissonnette
A shareholder of the firm since 1989, Ron’s practice focuses on real estate law, including acquisition and leasing, as well as commercial, corporate and business law, and wills and estate planning.
With strong roots in Lewiston, Ron is committed to the enrichment of the community and state, and frequently teaches at real estate seminars for lawyers and others sponsored by the Maine State Bar Association and the National Business Institute.
In 2012 he was elected a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. Admission to the College is by invitation only to those lawyers who have established expertise in real estate law, who observe high standards of professional and ethical conduct and who have contributed substantially to improvement of real estate law.
Providing a unique and valuable service to our clients, Ron also has extensive experience in handling like kind exchanges under Internal Revenue Code Section 1031.
He has received the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards with the designation of "AV Preeminent" from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review.
Phone: 207-795-5000 x201
Information on www.isaacsonraymond.com is for general use and is not legal advice. Your sending and our receiving this email does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Your e-mail should not contain confidential or sensitive information and should be for general information purposes only. Anything that you send to anyone at our Firm will not be considered confidential or privileged unless we have agreed to represent you in a particular matter in a signed engagement letter. If you send this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.
• University of Maine magna cum laude in 1977
• University of Maine School of Law cum laude in 1981
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
• Member of the Real Estate Section and Title Standards Subcommittee of the Maine State Bar Association, serving as Vice Chair (1999-2000), Chair of the Subcommittee (2001-2002), and Chair of the Section (2003-2004)
• Member of the Holy Family Church Choir
• Member American College of Real Estate Lawyers
• Former director of the Franco-American Heritage Center, where he remains active serving as corporate counsel on a pro bono basis
• Former director and annual campaign chair of the United Way of Androscoggin County
• Former member and co-chair of the Citizens’ Commission on Lewiston-Auburn Cooperation
• Former member of the school boards of St. Dominic Regional High School and of Holy Cross School
• Former Director and chairperson of Maine Family Federal Credit Union